• NEW SOLICITOR OFFICE MACLEAY RON LAWSON: The Law Lady, Chyrse Lambridis, has recently opened an island office at 3/36 Southsea Terrace for Ron Lawson Lawyer. It is located on Macleay Island next to Raine&Horne Real Estate.
Chyrse is a Solicitor/Juris Doctor, and is keen to meet as many islanders as possible. She can assist with most legal requirements, especially conveyancing, wills, estate and divorce matters. Chris has done a great job in outfitting the new office, which is a delight. The office is open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday or by appointment. You may phone Chryse on 0417 777 714.
• RUSSELL ISLAND LAND AUCTION: The Harcourts Russell land auction of island housing blocks could be classed as ‘success’. It was the first time that Harcourts agent Chris McGregor had held such an auction, offering 18 blocks for sale. He told Better Island Business that six blocks sold at auction, and there are several still being negotiated. “I am confident of getting a few more over the line,” he said. Of the six that sold, three sold for their reserve, and offers were accepted on the others. Two blocks sold for $15,000. If you wish to find out more, give Chris a call on 0420 555 997.
• REALITY IT is now available on the islands. Andrew can assist with all aspects of computer repairs and upgrades including virus removal, internet and email issues, new computer installations, network and wireless, websites and TV and Streaming as well as insurance quotes. You can call Andrew on 0487042223.
• NEW ISLAND FINANCIAL SERVICES: Keitha Laurie has opened an office for the accounting firm of J.W.Schubert & Co on Russell Island. Keitha is a retired CPA having been the principal of public accounting practices in Lismore, NSW; Cairns and Walkerston Queensland, and the most recently three years in Port Vila, Vanuatu. She has also been a nominee tax agent for firms in Gladstone and Charleville as well as having commercial accounting positions, over her long career. Keitha has moved to Russell Island after having completed a volunteer stint in Clermont with two churches after completing a Certificate 4 in Leadership and Ministry in Townsville. Keitha was admitted to the Australian Society of Accountants in 1977, was chairman of the Far North Queensland Society of Accountants, a Charter president of Zonta and president of the Gladstone Chamber of Commerce. In her earlier life she was a keen member of the CMF, attaining the rank of Sergeant. You can contact Keitha on 0458426326.
• MORE CARS FOR STANLEY: Stanley Lewis, the very amiable owner of Bay Air Airport and Cruise Terminal transfers, has just added to his fleet. “We have had to purchase another bus for our services,” he told us. With more and more people travelling both by air and by sea (cruises) Stanley has had the need to continue his expansion. His Bay Air operations also provide services to a number of airlines, picking up and dropping off air crew to and from the airport and their Brisbane accommodation. The expansion Bay Air is good to see for our Macleay Island resident.
• KEV’S NEW OVEN: Kev the Chef has introduced a new oven to the Bay Island Golf Club kitchen. According to Kev it is literally the ‘bee’s knees’. “This is the most versatile oven you can have in a kitchen that has to produce quality food quickly,” he told us. It is so versatile that it can cook almost any meal; it has a quick change program that can see it baking a roast one minute then cooking a pizza the next! Needless to say, Kev is pretty excited about it and, he says, it makes a huge difference to the menu that can be offered!
• LEE’S GETS AN ENVIRONMENTAL NAME CHANGE: Lee’s Liquid Waste Services now has a new name – Lee’s Environmental. Lee’s have been Australian family owned since 1980, the new name and look fits in with their professionalism within the industry and their attention to our surrounding environment. The new name also reflects the wide range of additional services they provide beyond liquid waste, including hydro vacuum excavation/non destructive digging, skip bins, potable water delivery, dust suppression, underground/electronic service locating, dangerous goods, and more. Of course, Lee’s Environmental still provides the services they are well known for such as septic tank and grease trap pump outs, drain cleaning, and waste water treatment plant servicing and their commitment to providing the highest quality service remains unchanged. You can contact them on 32064844 or email@example.com
• EMERALD ISLE SHOPPING VILLAGE: One of the best spots on the islands to rock up to is that hidden little gem, the Emerald Isle Shopping Village on Macleay Island. Located half-way up the island, it has a group of diverse businesses which includes several food outlets. It makes for a beaut visit where some interesting ‘browsing’ can occur and a bit of ‘grazing’ as well at the three food outlets! Food, hair, beauty, health, op shop and even solar are located at Emerald Isle. You will be pleased to know that if you are interested in starting a business, then there is a shop vacancy at the present time. It is the perfect spot for a new business or a new direction or a great location for a professional office! Phone 34094508 for more information.