COMING EVENTS FEBRUARY 2019
• APPLYING FOR GRANTS WORKSHOP Thursday 7 February 2019, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm, Russell Island Recreation Hall - Applying for grants can be a competitive process due to the limited pool of funds available and the number of organisations seeking support. Each grant also has its own funding criteria and requirements that need to be carefully considered to ensure your organisation’s project is suitable. Improving your skills in order to prepare applications for grants can mean the difference between getting a grant or missing out. Participants in this workshop will gain practical, first-hand knowledge on how to write grant applications through Redland City Council's Community Grants Program and where to source funding outside of Council. Follow the link: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/redland-city-council-grant-writing-workshop-tickets-54324052704?utm_term=eventurl_text
• COFFEE WITH A COP at theJetty Coffee Co. Event Details: Time: 9am – 11am When: Wednesday February 20, 2019 Where: Jetty Coffee Co, Redland Bay Marina, Banana St, Redland Bay QLD
• CLUB MACLEAY SYNTHENTIC GREEN OPENING - Sunday February 24, 1-2pm. The day will involve a sit down lunch with specials guests including Member for Redlands Kim Richard MP, Mayor Karen Williams, Cr Mark Edwards, as well as the President from Gateway Bowls Association, Derek Penny.
• SYLVAN LODGE AGE CARE INFO DAY, Thursday March 14 from 10.30 at the Jetty Coffee Co site at the mainland Translink Marina at Redland Bay on Thursday March 14.
• SMBI WELL BEING HUB Getting Connected on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Bring a friend and make a new one! Free entry; Free transport. Find our more from Email: CAllen@raq.org.au Mobile: 0448 168 943 Telephone: 07 3423 6907 (VOIP 15001
• READING AND WRITING! Redland Libraries has launched its new and exciting Adult Literacy Program, to provide free mentoring for adults needing help with reading, writing and basic number skills. Book online: www.redland.qld.gov.au/library
and go to ‘What’s on at your library’
• TABLE TENNIS Monday nights. Russell island at the Recreation Hall by the jetty. 6 pm-8 pm $4. Contact Siobhan 0406108882
• LIONS CLUB COMMUNITY MARKETS are held at the Macleay Island Community Centre on the first Saturday of each month.
• ORGANIC MARKETS Infinite Earth Fest, Every Saturday 8am to 2pm the Lemon Farm, Loniciera Street, Macleay Island.
• Macleay Island Arts Complex Events - Tuesday Art Group 10am till noon. Thursday Painting and Printing Group 10am till noon. Pottery Shed Group meets Mon, Tues, Wed, Sat 9am till noon. Life Drawing first Friday of the month 10am till noon Art Gallery open Friday to Sunday 10am till 3pm. Lots more always happening so see website http://macleayislandarts.org.au