• Christmas on the Coast When: 4.30pm-8.30pm, Wednesday 16 - Sunday 20 December 2020 Where: Raby Bay Harbour Park, Shore Street West, Cleveland What: Community Christmas event featuring: Live stage entertainment by some of our finest local talent | Santa | Lighting of the Christmas tree | Boutique Christmas markets | Food trucks | Kids’ rides and activities | Christmas movie in the park | Free train travel Tickets: $5 per person or $15 per family (12 years and under FREE) There will also be an ‘ice-skating’ rink at the park next to the event for use during the day and evening. Ice-skateing tickets sold separately online.Info and bookings: redland.qld.gov.au/Christmas
• BAY ISLANDS COMMUNITY CENTRE MACLEAY ISLAND Children’s Christmas Party in the Op Shop car park Saturday 5th December from10.30am. FREE sausage sizzle for the kids! Please advise if children attending 34095613.
• CHRISTMAS CAROLS by Russell Island Singers, Friday 18th December at the Russell Island Community Centre.
• BERNIE’S MARKETS AND SOCIAL - Saturday December 19 from 8.30am t0 12.30. A fund raising market with island based artisans, home made , handcrafted and home grown products with delicious food and coffee. 3rd Saturday of every month (excluding January).
• ART MY WORD - Macleay Island Library invites our island creative community to participate in the judged literary exhibition challenge. Can be submitted in 2D, 3D or written music. $20 entry fee and collect book for inspiration. Artwork due January 20, with opening January 23. 2021. Call to Macleay Island library for more info.
• RUSSELL ISLAND COMMUNITY ARTS (RICArts) – A community-based organisation currently offering – Monday & Friday – Pottery; Monday – Patchwork; Tuesday – Art in any medium; Wednesday – Craft in any medium; Thursday – Mosaic. All sessions have tutors in attendance.
Sessions and gallery open 9.30am to 12.30 - Sessions $5 to attend, including morning tea. All welcome! Situated at The Farm, Art House & Gallery, entry via Robert St, Russell Island. More info: Ph: 07 3409 1834 or 0418 445 942. Email - email@example.com
The November Market was a huge success with so many new stall holders selling everything including art, craft, plants, crystals, clothing, second hand goods. And they will be back for the next and final market for 2020 at The Farm, Arthouse & Gallery, Robert Street, Russell Island: Sunday 20 December, 8am to 12noon; Includes the under $50 sale at the Gallery – snag a bargain art piece for Christmas; No need to book, just ; FREE entry for buyers and only $10 market stall site. Contact Mandy 0460 404 499 for further information
RICARTS Under $50 Sale commences November 19th and will go through till January 2021. All art, craft, pottery, patchwork, mosaics, sculpture etc. will be $50 or under!!! Wow!!
RICARTS - The Farm, Arthouse & Gallery will be closed for the Christmas break – last day will be December 24 and we will re-open on January 4th 2021. RICARTS would like to wish everyone a very happy, healthy and safe festive season and hope to see you all again in the New Year. Let’s hope 2021 is one to look forward to.
• CLUB MACLEAY $1 CLUB BOWLS PROMOTION
“For less than one dollar a week, patrons can now sign up and become bowling members.”
The $1 a week offer is revolutionary in the Queensland Bowls Club sector, opening the door to many islanders getting involved in the sport in a positive and affordable way.
• BAY ISLANDS COMMUNITY CENTRE MACLEAY ISLAND MARKETS- Markets are held at the Macleay Island Community Centre markets every Saturday morning. The Coffee Shop is open every working day and Saturday mornings.
• MACLEAY ISLAND TOURISM CENTRE - The Tourism Centre office is now open at the Macleay Island Community Hall complex. It is open 5 days a week.
• ISLAND VOICES need your voice! Come along on Wednesdays 7.30pm at St Peter’s Church Hall, High Street, Russell Island. Contact Phill 0431 861 857.
• LIONS CLUB COMMUNITY MARKETS are held at the Macleay Island Community Centre on the first Saturday of each month.
• COME DANCE WITH US - Thursdays 9.30am - 1.00pm at the Bay Islands Community Services,
55 Jackson Road, Russell Island. Girls & Guys Line Dancing dance to a variety of music - Country - Pop - Rock n Roll - Waltz. More info contact Joanne 0419 999 540
• READING AND WRITING! Redland Libraries has launched its new and exciting Adult Literacy Program, to provide free mentoring for adults needing help with reading, writing and basic number skills. Book online: www.redland.qld.gov.au/library and go to ‘What’s on at your library’
• TABLE TENNIS Monday nights. Russell island at the Recreation Hall by the jetty. 6 pm-8 pm $4. Contact Siobhan 0406108882